Mean, Median, Mode, and Range (Measures of Central Tendency): "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- What are measures of central tendency?
- How to find mean, median, mode, and range
- Special cases - more than one mode, averaging two middle numbers to find a median, etc.
- When each measure is best (outliers, etc.)
- Example for each
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Fraction Operations - Golf Game
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle