This document walks students through the concept of Measures of Central Tendency, from understanding what measures are and calculating them to understanding the power of outliers and choosing the best representative measure.
This document includes:
- an explanation of Mean, Median, and Mode
- Which Measure of Central Tendency Is Best?
- Changing the Mean of a Data Set
- Extra Practice on Mean, Median, Mode worksheet
- Extra Practice on Outliers worksheet & paper tiles printout to manipulate
- Stretch Assignment: Mean (for more advanced students)