Ten fun word problems that offer students lots of practice finding mean, median, mode and range. Included are two worksheet formats (one with more space to answer problems), and task card formats. Complete scanned solutions are included.
Suggested process for students to follow:
• Put all numbers in order from least to greatest.
• Show work for finding the mean
• Circle the median. If there is an even set of data, show finding the mean of the middle two numbers.
• Identify the mode(s).
• Calculate the RANGE of the data set.
• If outliers exist, identify them
• If asked to describe this data to a group of people, what measure of central tendency (mean, median or mode) would best represent this data? Explain why this is the best choice.
Product use suggestions:
• Multiple formats are included for printing:
o All questions on one page (useful to conserve paper – print a classroom set and have students write on their own paper)
o Questions printed on two pages with room to work problems on page (could also be printed front and back to conserve paper)
• Task cards
Please visit my math BLOG: WWW.DebbiesLemonadeStand.COM or e-mail me: DebbiesLemonadeStand@Charter.net.