This cute monster themed angles unit contains a variety of different activities designed to give your students tons of practice measuring angles. This unit includes a math journal, interactive notebook activities, partner activities, posters, a scavenger hunt, a variety of practice worksheets, and an activity that gets students thinking about angles in real life.
These activities all have the goal of reinforcing the following learning goals:
-Students will understand all of the angles vocabulary words including: angle, degrees, acute angles, obtuse angles, right angles, ray, vertex, and protractor.
-Students will be able to measure angles using a protractor.
-Students will be able to draw angles with the help of a protractor.
-Students will be able to place angles in order from smallest to largest.
-Students will be able to state why measuring angles is important and list real life situations where angles might need to be measured.
Table of Contents:
1. Angle themed vocabulary word cards (8 in total)
2. Angles in real life (includes directions and graphic organizer).
3. List as many… angles as you can. (Partner activity)
4. List as many…. right angles as you can. (Partner activity)
5. How to measure with a protractor (Poster)
6. The parts of an angle (Poster)
7. What are acute angles? (Poster)
8. What are right angles? (Poster)
9. What are obtuse angles? (Poster)
10. Measuring angles practice page (Transparent protractor on page).
11. Measure the angles in these shapes
12. Directive math art (includes directions, graph paper, and cut out flaps).
13. Draw the line to match the angles
14. Follow the directions with these angles exercise
15. Practice drawing angles exercise
16. Use a protractor to measure and then place these angles in order.
17. Use a protractor to measure all of the angles and circle the right angles.
18. Follow the right angles right to the centre of the maze.
19. Colour and measure activity
20. Angles math journal (includes 10 pages on a cute book shaped interactive
21. Extra practice measuring angles scavenger hunt.
22. Other fun angle practice activities.
23. Answer keys.