• Adapted activities make this unit appropriate for modified instruction while maintaining alignment to state standards.
• Student learning objective(s): Identify and recognize simple capacity measurement conversions.
• Hands on activities and real life skills allow this unit to have application in functional curriculum!
• Guides for scoring allow teachers to document student learning progression quantitatively. All permanent work samples can be scored on two levels; (1) quantitatively (correct vs. incorrect responses) and (2) documentation of required prompt types and levels. A reduction in the number and types of prompts can support learning growth for almost any learner despite cognitive abilities. Sequencing worksheets can be modified to reduce choices and to provide developmentally appropriate learning support.
• This comprehensive unit includes graphics, worksheets, visual organizers, gallon alien manipulative, and vocabulary cards with pictures to support understanding, Gallon, half gallon, quart, pint, and cup measurements are featured as units of measurement.
• Permanent work samples are suitable for alternate assessment portfolios.
• Picture cues assist in supporting all learners.
• Lessons can be used in the regular education class room as extension activities or differentiation.
• At the time of this publishing, 3rd-8th grade alternate assessment portfolios require a total of eight (8) work samples four from two in collection period one, and (2) in collection period two. Please see your districts’ policies prior to submitting work examples.