Practice measuring length and converting between units with this math journal. It includes practice with U.S. Customary units (inch, foot, yard, mile) and metric units (millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer). It covers VA SOLs 4.7a, 4.7b, 5.8c, 5.8d, and 5.8e.
Includes eight journal pages in which students must evaluate and correct common measurement mistakes.
- Journal 1- Evaluate and correct mistakes in measuring the length of everyday objects using an inch ruler (2 pages)
- Journal 2- Evaluate and correct mistakes in converting between US Customary units (inches, feet, yards, miles)
- Journal 3- Evaluate and correct mistakes in labeling fractions of an inch on an inch ruler (halves, fourths, eights, sixteenths)
- Journal 4- Evaluate and correct mistakes in measuring the length of everyday objects using a centimeter ruler (2 pages)
- Journal 5- Evaluate and correct mistakes in converting between the metric length units (millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers)
- Journal 6- Evaluate the reasonableness of using different US Customary and metric units to measure the length of everyday objects
These journals go beyond basic practice as students evaluate common measurement errors and justify their thinking. Use in math centers, small groups, or as homework. Great for independent or partner work to facilitate interactive math talk in your classroom. Ready to print! Answer key included! NO PREP!
Save time and money by purchasing this journal as part of a BUNDLE!
Math Journals for 4th and 5th Grade Mega BUNDLE
Measurement Math Journal BUNDLE
Check out View from Fourth's Other Measurement Math Journals:
Liquid Volume and Capacity Math Journal
Weight and Mass Math Journal
Perimeter, Area, and Circumference Math Journal
Elapsed Time Math Journal
Use this awesome PBL to increase student engagement and drive your instruction throughout your measurement unit
Classroom Arrangement PBL for Math and Language Arts