- Product Description
Measuring Length - Measure Me With What? Picking the best tool to measure!
Measure Me With What?
Selecting the best tool to measure length with.
This packet is full of hands-on experiences to help students understand when to use a ruler, yard stick, meter stick, or tape measure. It comes with two pages of detailed teacher directions to help you use the activities in your classroom.
* Anchor Charts – use these to teach the concepts during the activities and post them for the kids to refer to while they are working
* Activity #1 – Learning the Tools – use the two flip books to get the kids involved in learning about the four different tools
* Activity #2 – Which Tool is Bigger? – use this activity to help the kids understand how big a foot, yard, and meter is
* Activity #3 – Compare and Contrast a Ruler and a Yard Stick – use this activity to let the kids touch and see the difference between the two while filling out a Venn Diagram
* Activity #4 – Which is Better a Ruler or a Yardstick? – use these two activities to get the kids thinking about which one of the two tools will measure common items best
* Activity #5 – About What Size? – use this activity to give the kids the chance to locate objects in the room that they think are about a specific size
* Activity #6 – Roll Me a Measure! - use this fun cube to play a game in small groups – detailed instructions are included on page 22
* Activity #7 – Compare and Contrast #2 – students will compare and contrast a meter stick and measuring tape
* Activity #8 – Big Things = Measuring Tape – work as a whole class or in groups to use a measuring tape to understand when the best time to use a measuring tape is
* Activity #9 – Measuring with a Ruler – two activities to practice measuring objects – it is important the kids practice lining the ruler up with the end of the object
* Activity #10 – Independent Practice – use these pages for homework and extra practice on this skill
The teacher will need to provide yarn, rulers, yard sticks, meter sticks, and tape measures. A quick note home to parents and they will happily send some in.
Aligned to teach Common Core 2.MD.1.
Download the preview to see a sample of this product.
Be the first to know about my new discounts,
freebies and product launches:
* Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Visit my blog for more ideas:
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store:
© Tracy Smith 2013