Fractions: Measuring Length Using Fractions/Line Plots
Hello friends. We've got another great fraction practice handout ready to roll for your spectacular students. This time we show how to use the fractional intervals/tick marks on a ruler (actual size) to measure different objects. They will name the lengths in quarter, half, or whole inches. Additionally we also teach students how to record data on a line plot.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
If you're looking for more handouts, we've got a whole Fractions series! Feast your eyes:
* Fractions: Equal Parts pgs 1-2
* Identifying Fractions pgs 3-4
* Identifying Fractions pgs 5-6
* OR Save 50 cents with our Equal Parts and Identifying Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 1 through 6!
* Fractions of a Set pgs 7-8
* Fractions of a Set pgs 9-10
* Fractions: Estimate Part of a Whole pgs 11-12
* OR Save $1.50 with our Fractions of a Set and Estimate Part of a Whole Mini-Bundle which combines pages 7 through 12!
* Equivalent Fractions (Using Fraction Strips) pgs 13-14
* Equivalent Fractions Using "Bottoms Up!" pgs 15-16
* Equivalent Fractions (Finding EFs Using Multiplication) pgs 17-18
* OR Save 50 cents with our Equivalent Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 13 through 18!
* Comparing Fractions pgs 19-20
* Comparing Fractions Using "Bottoms Up!" pgs 21-22
* Comparing Fractions pgs 23-24
* OR Save 50 cents with our Comparing Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 19 through 24!
* Fractions on a Number Line: Equal Parts pgs 25-27
* Fractions on a Number Line: Fractional Intervals pgs 28-30
* Equivalent Fractions on a Number Line pgs 31-33
* Comparing and Ordering Fractions pgs 34-37
* Fractions on a Number Line: Mixed Numbers pgs 38-40
* Improper Fractions on a Number Line pgs 41-43
* OR Save $1 with our Fractions on a Number Line Mini-Bundle which combines pages 25 through 43!
* Using Fractions to Find Part of a Set pgs 44-46
* Expressing Fractions as Whole Numbers pgs 47-50
* Measuring Length Using Fractions; Line Plots pgs 51-54
* Fractions: Equal Shares pgs 55-57
* Fractions: Finding the Whole Group pgs 58-60
* OR Save $1.50 with our Additional Fractions Skills and Practice Mini-Bundle which combines pages 44 through 60!
* OR Get the BEST DEAL with our comprehensive Fractions Bundle, which combines all 60 pages and saves you an amazing $13!!
* We've also got great file folder games to practice Equal Parts
and Identifying Fractions
"How can I...?"
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.