This height and length activity pack is perfect for math stations, small groups and independent work.
7 practical activities are included, all of which are designed to help develop comparative vocabulary and measuring with non-standard units of measurement.
* Shorter or Taller than a Yard: Children find and draw items around the room which are shorter or taller than a yard
* (British English Spelling)Shorter or Taller than a Metre: Children find and draw items around the room which are shorter or taller than a metre
* (American English Spelling)Shorter or Taller than a Meter: Children find and draw items around the room which are shorter or taller than a meter
* Shorter and Longer: a drawing activity
* Measuring Height: A stamp and record activity
* Shorter or Longer: Worksheet comparing your students' shoes to items around the classroom
* Shorter or Taller than Me: A worksheet
* Measuring Length: Estimate and measure a pencil with 5 different items
*Measuring Height: Print and laminate the 7 Forest Animals included in this pack. Students measure the height of each animal using unifix cubes. An estimating and recording worksheet are also included.
All activities are designed with minimal words, and maximum visual clues. This helps all students, regardless of reading ability, feel confident and able.
Please visit my blog, www.educating-abroad.com to see these packs in action in my global classroom.
Measuring Length and Height
by Educating Abroad
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License