Measuring Matter (Complete Unit)
You will find everything you need to teach your matter science unit.
This unit uses a variety of resources in the class lessons. The use of literature (read alouds -titles/authors given throughout unit) to introduce new concepts is seen throughout the unit. Each detailed lesson plan is easy to follow with objectives, materials, lesson activity and closing. The lessons are hands-on and small group centered and include exciting experiments where students use science tools to measure mass, volume, and density.
The following concepts are covered in this unit:
1) What is matter?
2) Properties of matter
3) Measuring mass (experiment included)
4) Comparing mass (experiment included)
5) Measuring volume (experiment included)
6) Volume vs. weight
7) Density (experiment included)
8) Physical changes and the water cycle
9) Chemical changes
In all, this unit includes:
* 13 lesson details for teacher preparation
* 26 student activity pages to go with daily lessons (includes 4 science experiments)
* 2 assessments (one mid-way quiz, one unit assessment)
* 7 homework assignments
* 1 unit review sheet,
* 5 center review game.
* 57 anchor slides to teach each lesson (anchor slides are provided in SMARTBoard, PowerPoint, PDF, and PNG image files)
* 24 piece bulletin board set in full color to help reinforce concepts
* Originally written Reader's Theater Script on the water cycle
* Water Cycle craft
In all there are over 180 pages of worksheets, assessments, answer keys, review centers, student rubrics, bulletin board pieces and more to get your set up for a successful unit!
You may also like:
Force and Motion
Sun Earth and Moon
Purchase 3 or more units and save 10-20% by using one of my "Design Your Own Bundles" options! See details below:
Design Your Own Bundle: PICK 3
Design Your Own Bundle: PICK 4
Design Your Own Bundle: PICK 5