This lesson is a fun way to help your students explore the mass, volume, and density of everyday objects. It teaches them all about measuring matter and then allows them to practice what they have learned through hands-on labs and word problem worksheets. It is primarily targeted for the 5-7 grade classroom.
This lesson includes:
1. “Measuring Matter”PowerPoint with student handout
2. “Measuring Matter: Your Turn” (follows the ppt and lets students
practice finding mass, volume, and density)
3. Measuring Matter Lab sheet
4. Mass, Volume, and Density worksheet (for homework or classwork)
5. “Falling for Measurements” Lab
6. “Falling for Measurements” Word Problems
This lesson will take approximately 2-3 days.