This Measuring with Significant Figures worksheet was designed for middle and high school students who need practice measuring with significant figures. Key vocabulary includes significant figures, triple-beam balance, graduated cylinder, metric ruler, beaker, precision, accuracy, and units.
This double-sided worksheet features a helpful content summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
This worksheet contains the following questions:
* Measure It -
Students must record the measurement for each device given, using the correct number of significant figures and the appropriate units. Measuring tools include triple-beam balances, thermometers, beakers, metric rulers, and graduated cylinders. (18 questions)
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for secondary school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Introduction to Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet
Introduction to Significant Figures Worksheet
©2017 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please purchase additional licenses if you wish to share with colleagues.