Also included in
- Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and media literacy with this engaging 10 lesson bundle. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Clas$25.00$31.25Save $6.25
Science & Consumer Awareness Bottled Water | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and Science with this engaging lesson on the hidden materials (microplastics) found in bottled water. This lesson examines five popular bottled water brands and discusses what was found in each brand.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This set of lessons can be used for media literacy lessons (discussing how companies get people to purchase their products) or as part of your Health/Science Curriculum. This would be a great starter lesson for Grade 7 or 8 Science to discuss the environmental impact of single-use plastics.
1. Introduction to Consumer Awareness
2. Bottled Water Questions
3. Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
4. Bottled Water Quiz
5. Extend Your Learning Assignment
- “Going to use coupled with A Long Walk to Water Novel unit”
- “Very well organized.”
- "Very easy to teach!"
- "Another great media lesson and ties nicely to my water walks. Thank you!"
- "These were great resources to use with my LA class."
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit - Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- detailed teacher directions