Also included in
- Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Bundle #1 | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and media literacy with this engaging 10 lesson bundle. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. G$25.00$31.25Save $6.25
Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Gender Price Differences | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness with this engaging lesson on how prices on consumer products are different for men and women. This lesson also shows students the different techniques marketers use to get consumers to purchase products.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
1. Introduction to Consumer Awareness
2. Gender Price Differences Questions and Graphic Organizer
3. Journal Entry Assessment
4. Gender Price Differences Quiz
5. Extend Your Learning Homework Assignment
- "I really enjoyed how it connects with the real world and things that intermediate students care about."
- "Excellent Resource."
- "Love these lessons! My students were engaged in the lessons and it was really interesting to hear their comments about the differences in gender pricing."
- "Loved this lesson! Helps to open the eyes of 13/14-year-olds. I just need to make sure they are on the same site to compare products, not just looking for the best deal. Otherwise, it loses its impact. But very appropriate lesson that continues to be talked about in the media."
Full Media Literacy Unit
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit - Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
*Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
*Internet must be able to access online video sources
*This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
-differentiated and engaging activities
-individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
-Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
-detailed lesson plan
-lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
-detailed teacher directions
-assessment rubrics (levels or points)