Also included in
- Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Bundle #1 | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and media literacy with this engaging 10 lesson bundle. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. G$25.00$31.25Save $6.25
Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Outlet vs Retail | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness with this engaging lesson on how outlet and retail stores are different. This lesson also shows students the different techniques outlet stores use to get consumers to purchase products.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
1. Introduction to Consumer Awareness
2. Outlet vs. Retail Stores Questions and Graphic Organizer
3. Journal Entry Assessment
4. Outlet vs. Retail Stores Quiz
Full Media Literacy Unit
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit - Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson - Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- "Students were very interested as this is something that resonates with them!"
- "Awesome resource. Exactly what I have been looking for."
- "Media is a struggle to plan- this was an awesome, engaging lesson that my students really enjoyed. I even learned from it. Thanks!"
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- detailed teacher directions
- assessment rubrics (levels or points)