Also included in
- Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Bundle #1 | PDF and Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and media literacy with this engaging 10 media literacy lesson bundle. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides$25.00$31.25Save $6.25
- Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 | PDF & Digital: Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 Language Arts program. This all in one full year middle school English Language Arts lesson bundle is a ready-to-go ELA program. Th$269.99$337.08Save $67.09
Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness Outlet vs Retail | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness with this engaging lesson on how outlet and retail stores are different. This lesson also shows students the different techniques outlet stores use to get consumers to purchase products.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Outlet vs. Retail Stores Questions and Graphic Organizer
- Journal Entry Assessment
- Outlet vs. Retail Stores Quiz
- 4 Lessons
- Detailed lesson plans
- Differentiated and engaging activities
- Individual PDFs of student pages
- Google Slides graphic organizers
- Assessment Rubrics (Levels or Points)
- "Students were very interested as this is something that resonates with them!"
- "Awesome resource. Exactly what I have been looking for."
- "Media is a struggle to plan- this was an awesome, engaging lesson that my students really enjoyed. I even learned from it. Thanks!"
- “This was a great way for the students to understand what consumer awareness is and how they are affected by what they see around them. They were engaged in what they were doing and learned a lot!”
- “This is an excellent resource for teaching financial literacy skills and also focuses on a favorite topic: shopping! Students are very interested in this topic and lesson!”
Additional Media Literacy Resources
- PSAs vs. Commercials Unit
- Media Literacy Bundle 1
- Media Literacy Bundle 2
- Fake News Unit
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
Resource Notes: Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource to access a video.