Media Literacy Internet Scams, Phishing, Hacking, Critical Thinking ALL CHAPTERS
- Google Apps™
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- This bundle includes every resource in my TPT store. ⭐ GET EVERYTHING so you don't have to worry about missing out! If you agree with this video at 2:09and you agree with my ideas about EFFORT at 15:52then you will love my stuff⭐ 38 teachers have INVESTED in this bundle so far! As I add resources,Price $164.25Original Price $328.50Save $164.25
High interest media literacy lesson.
Teach students real world critical thinking life skills!
- Internet crime,
- how scammers get us on fake websites,
- hacking vs life hacking.
Media Literacy is more than just advertising and movies.
It’s about thinking critically about all forms of media and digital communication. Hello, internet!
Internet scams are everywhere.
But, if we learn a little bit about how these internet scams work, we might be able to think a little more critically the next time we get an email, text, or phone call.
This slideshow "book" goes over some of the strategies people use on the internet to hack or phish their way into your identity, bank accounts, and email.
The slideshows can be viewed for free at
If you want your own copy of the slideshow to edit, you need to download this product.
You can either download the complete package, or individual chapters:
NOTE: The bonus file in this bundle contains all of the slides in a single Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides document.
- Chapter 1. Internet Crime -
- Which age group gets hacked the most?
- You might be surprised!
- Chapter 2. Literacy vs DIGITAL Literacy -
- Can you read all of the words in the video loop?
- Can you figure out the significance of those words?
- Chapter 3. How the internet works -
- If you understand how websites work,
- you can see how things can get hijacked,
- leaving you vulnerable to online threats…
- Chapter 4. Ways to get us onto fake websites -
- Scammers copy real websites and create fake versions to trick you.
- When you log in, you just gave them your username and password.
- Fake websites can be really convincing...
- Chapter 5. Hacking vs Life Hacking -
- Hacking and life hacking have a lot in common.
- In fact, maybe learning how to “hack” isn’t a bad thing after all...
- Chapter 6. Seeing is Believing, so Think Critically -
- We know images can be photoshopped.
- But, live stream videos of someone using a computer can be faked as well!
- Here are some strategies to think critically when you see something...
A special note about Chapter 5:
This chapter explores how anyone can use the developer tools in your web browser (i.e. Google Chrome) to change the text on any website...
Unfortunately the video showing examples of this will not be published until September 2021.
As such, this product will only cost a $1.00 until the video is released.
The following slides talk about what you could do with developer tools, but the video is not ready yet.
Slides 35-36 - Play with text on a website using your browser
Slides 37-38 - Play with styles and layout on a website using your browser
Slides 39-40 - Play with interactive elements on a website
Sorry for any inconvenience!