This packet is designed to provide students practice analyzing audio, visual, and written media messages (aligned with Virginia SOL 4.3 and 5.3, but applicable to any classroom). Answer keys are included where applicable.
Included are the following materials:
• 6 Media Literacy Word Wall Cards
• 2 Anchor Charts/Handouts (Media Messages and Analyzing Media Messages)
• Media Message Analysis Worksheet #1: Students can use this worksheet to analyze an audio, visual, or written media message.
• Media Message Analysis Worksheet #2: Students can use this 2-page worksheet to analyze an audio, visual, or written media message in terms of the effectiveness of the message.
• Media Message Sort: Students cut apart the cards and sort them into the correct categories (audio, visual, and written). Students add the purpose of each message and their own examples.
• Media Message Exit Ticket: Students read the scenario and complete the chart to show their understanding.
• List of Suggested Media Resources
Thanks for visiting my store!
You may also be interested in my Media Messages Task Cards!