PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
How does media effect one's self esteem?
This package contains 6 lessons and a culminating task that will address this topic.
The package is meant to be taught over at least five lessons. With discussion, each page should easily fill a 45- to 60-minute lesson block.
- definitions and discussion
- Influence of the Media
- self esteem and music videos
- what happens when a "beauty" company helps people see their beauty?
- evolution of an advertisement (print media/photoshopping)
- overcoming stereotypes and negative comments
- Think about how awesome you are
- Hand of friendship (culminating task)
There is currently no final assessment piece included in this package.
Each lesson, except the last, should be started with a gratitude journal page. The idea behind this it to help students see that they have a lot to be grateful for, regardless of what the media may portray to them. The journal pages shouldn’t take anymore than 5 minutes, max. For photo copying purposes, the journal page is placed before the worksheet, for any given lesson.
Please don't forget to take a look at the other items I have available in my store!
Follow me to get the most up to date information and heads up on upcoming sales.
All new items are listed at 50% off during the first 24 hours. Another great reason to follow my store.
Thank for taking the time to stop by and purchase this resource.