Kids love to punch holes and find these punchers a super fun phonics activity. Punchers can be used as an independent literacy station or partner work. Either the student or their partner can easily check for accuracy using the kid-friendly answer key. Punchers are also great for early finisher work.
PUNCHERS: 9 CVC pairs for each vowel
a: cat hat, bat rat, nap cap, map tap, pan man, ran van, ram dam, jam ham, wag bag
e: bed red, wed med, led fed, jet wet, bell well, beg leg, men pen, net vet, 10 hen,
i: bit hit, kit lit, pit sit, zip rip, dig pig, pin fin, hid lid, big, wig, lip tip,
o: box fox, log dog, frog jog, mop pop, top hop, pod rod, cob sob, hot dot, pot cot
u: sun bun, sub, stub, tub sub, duck truck, bug hug, jug mug, rug slug, cut hut, nut rut, pup cup
● Identify, isolate, discriminate, and pronounce short vowel sounds
● Read rhyming CVC words
● Learn to easily identify letters of different fonts. Not all ‘a’s look the same!
● Increase hand strength and endurance to improve pencil grasp and writing stamina
● Improve bilateral coordination skills
● Using a hole punch is intrinsically motivating and FUN!
STATION POSTERS: Kids are reminded of the directions using these center signs. Put out only the steps you want kids to do.
1. Highlight the 4 correct medial vowels.
2. Punch out the incorrect letters.
3. Check your work with the kid-friendly answer keys
4. Color the pictures
These are great for kindergarten, first grade, RTI, special education, and occupational therapy.
Punch Card Products:
Medial Vowel Sounds - CVC words
Final Sounds - CVC words
Initial Consonant Blends - CCVC words
*********Customer Feedback ********
◦ Great activity to reinforce medial sounds!
◦ I love these centers! It is so easy to prep and great for working on fine motor!
◦ Very fun and creative activity! Thanks!
◦ This is a very unique idea and a great way to practice medial vowel sounds which can be tricky for so many kids. Thank you.
◦ Great activity for building hand strength!
◦ This builds fine motor skills and allows for independent work.
◦ Thank you, these are definitely helping with reading as well as hand strength.