Medical Career Exploration STEM Activities Bundle (distance learning, in person)
Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Explore careers in the booming medical and healthcare industries with these eleven hands-on resources aligned with the NGSS! Career exploration posters, lesson plans, webquests, and more to help you seamlessly integrate medical career exploration and STEM into your biology or medical elective class. This Medical Career Exploration and STEM Activities Bundle includes a fantastic mix of in-person and distance learning resources making your life easier no matter which model your district is in. Included resources are:
1. Medical Careers Posters - Set of 3 w online STEM activities (distance learning)
From Biomedical Engineer to X-Ray Technician, this fun poster displays nine interesting careers in medicine, with an illustration-style ‘person’ to represent that career, summary of what the career entails, salary, required education, soft skills, hard skills, and links to FREE matching online exploration resources
2. Biomedical Engineer Lesson Plan (in person)
Would you still be able to 'feel' objects if you did not have hands? In this lesson, students rotate through stations to explore the sense of touch. Students then apply concepts supporting MS-LS1-8 to determine how a biomedical engineer could mimic the real sense of human touch.
3. Medical Careers Webquest (distance learning)
23 questions about careers in medical fields where students summarize the different fields of medicine (medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, chiropractic, veterinary, pharmacy) and find related careers for each.
4. Be a MRI Technician: physical science & magnetism lesson (in person)
In this lesson, students apply concepts of physical science and magnetism to create a mini-MRI machine, and explore the field of MRI Technology.
5. Muscles are Electric! case study and nanogenerator engineering design challenge (in person)
What makes your muscles 'electric'? In this activity, students work as exercise physiologists to analyze a case study of a hamster nanogenerator to determine that muscles, including those in the human body, create electric fields. Students then apply this information to engineer a nanogenerator to power something within the human body.
6. Embryonic Similarities Ultrasound Tech Lesson, Powerpoint, & Career Exploration (in person)
In this activity, students learn about the in-demand career of ultrasound technicians and then work as ultrasound techs to analyze images of human and nonhuman (animal) embryos. Students first play an identification game using real ultrasound images, and then complete an activity from PBS NOVA to identify the correct images for each animal, and put them in the correct developmental order.
7. Gene Therapy Lesson and Role Play (in person)
Working as a pediatric oncology nurse, students use provided web resources to develop a nurse-patient conversation to convince the patient and her family to participate in a new gene therapy clinical trial to save her life.
8. Intro to Pathology Career Exploration Challenge (distance learning)
The Intro to Pathology Career Exploration Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for students to see a day in the life of a pathologist, understand what the career entails, and test drive the career through a wide variety of online and inquiry-based activities.
9. Intro to Genetics Career Exploration Challenge (distance learning)
Learn about careers in genetics, follow genotypes to make a superhero, and share your genetics discoveries with the world in this fun Genetics STEM Challenge!
10. Intro to Cardiology Career Exploration Challenge (distance learning)
Cardiology is a specialized medical career offering excellent options at all education levels. In this Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project, students take on the role of an acclaimed cardiologist!
11. Physician Scattergories Game
Doctor is a common career that many students aspire to. Engage your students in STEM career exploration and fun with this Physician Scattergories Game!
NEARLY 300 PAGES of fun medical related activities! A must for any medical related elective, biology class, or STEM club.
More Medical STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Gene Therapy Lesson & Roleplay
- Biomedical Engineering Lesson Plan
- Embryonic Similarities Ultrasound Tech Lesson
- Intro to Genetics STEM Challenge
- Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project
- Medical Careers Poster Set of 3
- Physician Scattergories
- and many more medical STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!