Medical English for Patients is the only Medical ESL course that includes ready-made lessons and video and audio content to engage your student, satisfy their need for knowledge and make your teaching easier. Whether your student needs to go to the hospital or wants to make sure they can communicate with the staff easily, this 30 lesson course will support them in their learning.
Lesson 2 - Let's check your blood
The context of this lesson is the basic tests that the doctor can give his patient. The student will listen to two patients (male and female, American accent) talk to medical staff about needing some tests done. The lesson closes with a practical activity of creating a dialogue.
This lesson can be expanded by a real-life activity of going through a website of LABCORP or another walk-in lab.
Depending on the teaching pace, the lesson will take between 40 and 60 minutes.
In the lesson pack you will find 4 additional recording to vary your lesson and audio transcripts.
KEY FEATURES of Medical English for Patients:
- Adjustable level between A2 and C1
- Brand new content motivates your student with fresh and relevant topics
- Engaging video and audio materials develop communication skills through real-life examples and scenarios
- Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation in each lesson
- Perfect for 1-2-1 classes, small groups and self-learning
- Can be used both in classroom and online teaching
- Clear, stunning design
- Culturally appropriate content for students of different backgrounds
TEACHING MATERIALS INCLUDE TEACHING NOTES! ZERO PREP NEEDED!