There are many resources available for teaching students about the feudal system of Medieval Europe, but there are very few about the complimentary manor system. This product helps students understand the self-sufficient nature of medieval manors.
* The Manor System Description (2 page article)
* The Medieval Manor System Slideshow (22 slides)
* The Medieval Manor System Reading Questions
* The Medieval Manor System Reading Questions – Answer Page
* Design Your Own Manor Activity Directions
* Manor Plan Scoring Guide (with point values)
* Manor Plan Scoring Guide (without point values)
No prep ~ Encourages critical thinking ~ Common Core Aligned ~ Answer Key, Scoring Guide, Student Samples Included
Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary of the source distinct from prior knowledge or opinions.
Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, & Council of Chief State School Officers. (2010). Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/ Social Studies.