Check out the preview! Buy in bulk and SAVE with hundreds of activities, notes and Common Core lessons!!! This file bundle includes the entire year in Medieval World history curriculum, packed with rigor, versatility and fun! We keep adding lessons, so this is a great way to keep things fresh! If you prefer a flashdrive, click on the same bundle as a HARD GOOD in our store.
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
· Economy-How a civilization makes money through the buying and selling of goods and services.
· Government /Leadership-How a civilization creates an organized way of leadership.
· Social Classes-How a civilization is divided into classes that have different roles, responsibilities and privileges.
· Geography-Physical environment and how it may influence an economy and culture.
· Religion-A belief system that influences the development of a civilization.
· Achievements-The lasting contributions of a civilization.
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists. The bundle includes notes, activities and Common Core Literacy and Writing lessons for:
1. Empires of Africa: Ghana, Mali and Songhai
2. Empire of Islam Bundle
3. Medieval China
4. Medieval Japan
5. Feudal Europe
6. The Protestant Reformation
7. The Renaissance
8. The Scientific Revolution
9. The Enlightenment
10. Comparing World Religions
11. The Americas: Aztec, Maya and Inca
12. Brand New Exploration Unit!
Check out the Preview!
Each unit is divided into 3 parts:
I. CONTENT INSTRUCTION-The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference. A set of printable notes with graphic organizers and a PowerPoint with a graphic organizer will be included in each unit. Also, primary source and close note readings are included.
II. ACTIVITIES- This bundle includes hundreds of current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information and support claims with evidence. Each bundle has a Common Core writing component.
1.A Storyboard Assignment
2.Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. Review games and worksheets are included
1. Vocabulary Quizzes for each unit
2. Common Core Tests in both PDF and Word for each unit
3. DBQ assessments for most units
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!