I loved teaching about the Middle Ages and would like to offer teachers my notes, activities and resources that I found of value when I taught the subject.
Perhaps, these additional resources might be of interest:
1. Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms for a unit of study on the Middle Ages?Looking for an enrichment activity in history? Try my Medieval Puzzler: Secret Message Review Activity. The activity involves students working individually or in groups to review vocabulary terms connected with Medieval Times. Then,a following direction activity is next where students place letters from the different terms into boxes found at the end of the activity page. Once all the boxes are filled, a "secret message" about the Middle Ages is revealed! The teacher page includes additional information to share about the "secret message". It's a fun way to reinforce important vocabulary for a unit of study on the Middle Ages! If you prefer to offer a vocabulary box, I have included this as well.... Medieval Secret Message Review Activity
2. One of the oldest lasting examples of graphic communication is the Bayeux Tapestry.It dates back to 1083. Bayeux Tapestry Reading
3. Students have always ask me..."Why do we have to learn this stuff about ancient Greeks or Middle Ages?" My answer-much of what we have today was because of things developed by people that lived long ago.
This reading activity shares with kids how the pencil they are using, the writing system they are using, the eyeglasses they are wearing are just some of the many things we have today thanks to previous cultures of the past. I've included several comprehension questions and two extension activities. The Past Shapes our Present Reading Activity
4. Great addition to a unit of study on the Middle Ages: Use this informative Reader's Theater Script to learn about the Black Death, a disease that killed almost 1/2 the population of Europe(1347-1351). The fun/informative play uses the format of Simon, a victim of the Black Death being a guest on Ms. Bie Ografee's talk show. A studio audience asks questions about his experiences during the time(the medical beliefs,cause, the effects the Black Death had on Europe, etc.Great for study on the Middle Ages or science unit on bacteria/contagious diseases. A Visit with Simon, a Viction of the Black Death: Reader's Theater Script
* Perhaps, you might be interested in "following me". I send monthly notes and some times have specials. Click by the green start by my photograph.
Key words: Middle Ages, Dark Ages, Medieval Times, Medieval Ages, castles, unit on Middle Ages, knights, feudalism, rise of towns