Products in this Bundle (68)
showing 1-5 of 68 products
Project-Based Language Learning: Meet 33 students from across the Francophonie
What is it like to live in Francophone countries? There are many places all over the world that speak French. For instance, what is it like to live in Bénin, Sénégal, Belgium, France or Comoros? Learn about each country through the eyes of a pre-teen/teenager! There are over 700 pages in this resource which is an outstanding deal for only $23. NOW INCLUDING MINI FLIPBOOK ACTIVITIES!
Each project is great for digital learning and in-class learning. Students can add subjects of interest to the country and present one country to the entire class, or each student can work on each country over the course of the year!
I lived in France for 1.5 years, Québec for 1 year and Sénégal for 5 months. I have consulted with people from more than seven Francophone countries in Africa and a few of the Island countries to depict life as accurately as I can. I have also traveled extensively in the Francophone world which helps me depict many of the countries with some level of personal experience. I hope my experiences reflect in the passion I have put into researching and portraying each country as a universe unto itself.
The following countries are included:
- Burkina Faso
- Ivory Coast
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Islands of the Reunion
- French Guiana
- Central African Republic
In this bundle resource, students will see 33 countries through the eyes of a kid from each country. There is also a bonus resource about and Each country packet emphasizes a slightly different subject to ensure differentiation and maximum vocabulary acquisition.
*GREAT INQUIRY PROJECT TO COMPLETE AT HOME*
**INCLUDED IS A GOOGLE SLIDES VERSION OF EACH COUNTRY PROJECT. JUST DOWNLOAD PDF AND CLICK LINK INSIDE PDF. MAKE A COPY OF THE SLIDES AND EDIT THEM AS YOU NEED**
Included in each unit of this bundle are:
1. A one-page postcard written by each child explaining life in their country.
2. A page for students to find and place pictures of life in each country.
3. A short research project about six important celebrities from each country.
4. A vibrant collection of videos and fascinating information about the countries.
5. Two fake plane tickets for students to write the destination and departure in French.
6. Twelve task cards for students to practice their French and research life in the country.
7. A vocabulary page where students can create personalized flashcards or write out the translation. *BOOM cards will be made soon*
8. One page template to design a travel brochure.
9. One page template to design and test out a food recipe.
10. One page template to design a Facebook profile in French about a famous person from the country.
11. Pages for students to make Walking Tour Cards with an example page.
12. A delicious and popular recipe from the country with follow-up questions.
13. A page for students to find six fun facts and write them in French.
14. A coloring page with outlines of the flag, common animals, plants or other symbols from the country for students to color in and have fun with.
15. An introductory page with a picture of the student and a treasure map of important things from the country according to each kid.
16. BONUS *AUTHENTIC FRENCH PLAYS*
Have a look at the previews to see what the resource is all about!
Students from the Francophone world is a project-based language learning unit designed for students to utilize and enhance their French, social studies, geography and problem-solving skills.
Students will be learning about life in various Francophone communities through the eyes of children. These students will be your guide as you watch videos, answer questions in French, create a travel brochure, research famous people and more!
***PBLL projects scaffold French language learning into fun, hands-on projects which involve problem-solving, collaboration, making inferences, independent research and presentation skills, and more.***
Teachers and guardians can utilize this whole unit to support emerging bilingual students while they work from home. Each page is designed to elicit target words in the language drawn from a list of 600 of the most frequently used words. The active vocabulary of an average person is around 2,000 words, so if students can learn 600 words in a language, they are well on their way to fluency and can scaffold that learning into more complex grammar later on. This method is based upon three observations drawn from neuroscience research on language learning: Furthermore, inquiry-driven approaches and different activities throughout makes this project tailored to a variety of learning styles and interests. Students will start with a core question that will drive their research projects. Each student will incorporate research, reading, writing, speaking and if they choose, group work skills.
-Project-Based Language Learning
-Real-World Application of French in Action
-Empowers students to think critically, solve problems, apply geography and social sciences using task cards
-This PBLL unit teaches vocabulary in context and through activities, this is proven to enhance memory and recall of vocabulary
Designed for Canadian Core French 5-9 curriculum, early and late French Immersion and Homeschooling! Adaptable to a variety of French as an additional language learning needs!
♡ Let’s Connect ♡
Follow my store (click HERE to follow me) to receive news about product launches, freebies and discounts. Each resource that I post will be at a 50% off discount for the first 24 hours so if you follow my store you will be the first to know about new product discounts.
Don't forget to leave a review because every review you leave translates into TpT credits which you can gain to buy products. When you leave a review, you'll earn 1 credit for every $1 you spent on TpT for that resource. Each credit has a value of 5 cents, so every 20 credits earned equals $1 you can apply to future TpT purchases. For example, if you provide a review on a resource priced $4.75, you'll earn 5 credits.