This 13 page novel study of Meet Addy, by Connie Porter, described on the book cover as “the first in a series of beautifully illustrated books about growing up during America’s Civil War,” contains the following resources and activities:
• Building Background Knowledge
• Using book elements to make predictions
• Working with Words
• Making connections to text
• Using context clues to define unfamiliar words
• Cause and Effect Skillwork
• Comprehension questions
• Higher Order/Critical Thinking Skills
Activities/Worksheets are organized by chapters. Each worksheet is provided in both .doc and .pdf formats. Use as is (.pdf) or edit to meet your own individual needs (.doc). Download the preview file for a closer look at the sample worksheets. It’s a great time saver for busy teachers.
NOTE: Cause and Effect Worksheets included in this novel study are available separately in our RESOURCES4U store.