Meet My Li'l Monster Informational Writing Unit | Halloween Writing & Activities
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ SPECIAL TIME-LIMITED PRICE! ⭐️⭐️⭐️Balancing instruction with a busy Halloween season can be tricky - especially if you’re a new teacher! Grab imagination station activities, jokes of the day, Halloween literacy centers, Halloween party decorations, informational writing unit, and more in my New TeaPrice $23.99Original Price $34.50Save $10.51
Informational writing doesn’t have to be limited to boring nonfiction topics! Teach your students how to draft, write, and edit an informational paragraph with a spooky twist. Meet My Li’l Monster is a full informational writing unit that’s just perfect for Halloween!
Not only will your students produce an informational paragraph, but they will flex their creativity and work on character development as they create their own Li’l Monster!
What You Get In This Informational Writing Unit:
- Alignment to Common Core Writing Standards
- 12 Days of Lesson Plans (30-45 minutes per lesson)
- 52 pages of printable writing and activity sheets for each lesson
- 25 digital writing and activity slides for each lesson
- Final Writing Grading Rubric
Scope and Sequence for This Informational Writing Unit:
Part One: My Li’l Monster Character Development
Lesson 1: What if I Had a Pet Monster?
Lesson 2: 5 Secrets about My Monster
Lesson 3: My Monster’s Top 10 Hiding Places
Lesson 4: Monsters Have Feelings, Too
Lesson 5: My Monster’s Top 10 Music Playlist
Lesson 6: Monster Café & Dining Menu
Lesson 7: My Lil’ Monster’s Christmas Wish List
Part Two: Help Me Find My Missing Monster!
Lesson 8: Introduction to Final Project (Monster "Missing!" Poster)
Lesson 9: Writing an Introductory Sentence
Lesson 10: Writing Our First Draft
Lesson 11: A Strong Conclusion
Lesson 12: Our Final Copy
Why Teachers Like You LOVE This Resource:
"My students LOVED this unit. I was even able to engage my most reluctant writers!" - Kimberly E.
"I started this project last week, and my students are so excited each day to work on it. Super engaging!" - Lori K.
Get MORE Halloween Ideas For Your Classroom:
Looking for more great ideas and tips for your first, second, and third year in the classroom? Just because you’re a beginning elementary teacher, there’s no need for you to struggle like one. Subscribe to Beginning Teacher Talk, the podcast where we talk about all the things about teaching you wish you learned in college, share teaching stories and classroom management tips and tricks, and help you to succeed in the classroom:
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Want support from a community of passionate educators dedicated to working smarter? Join my Private Beginning Teacher Talk FB Group for tips, tricks, and exclusive contests.
Get credit to spend on TpT resources:
- Log in, and go to “My Purchases”.
- Click “Provide Feedback” beside your purchase
- Each time you give feedback, TpT will give you credits towards future purchases!
Click on the green ★ to follow my store and get notifications about new resources and freebies!
I hope to connect with you soon!