A book a week: Meet the ANZACs by Claire Saxby
Activities by Miss Simplicity
Aimed at around Grade 3 and 4
Read the book daily and complete an activity a day. You choose from the selection below!
1. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events – 2 versions available
2. Idioms – student match up idioms then illustrate one
3. Multiple Choice Comprehension
4. True/False Comprehension
5. Cloze comprehension.
6. Writing – 2 report writing templates – can be used as a planning or final copy sheet.
7. Writing outline - can be used with the writing planning sheet above or for a Anzac topic of your choice.
8. Writing – students write inside 2 speech bubbles. Students give two reasons why men enrolled in the army.
9. Mapping – students map the countries mentioned in the stories.
10. Word Sleuth – answers provided.
11. Kahoot link provided
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!