Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This is a unit based on the Disney Pixar film “Meet the Robinsons.” It is best used with French II (or a French III review) due to the grammar aspects that I have chosen to emphasize. It would be a good activity for the last week of school, due to the review nature and the "fun" of the movie.
It includes four different modules (scenes 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, and 16-20), each with a vocabulary list and a grammar activity. I show the film in French with English subtitles, and I show each segment two times, but you could show it just once if you were short on time.
The unit includes the following:
- scenes 1-4 - includes vocabulary and a passé composé vs. imparfait exercise using the film’s storyline. There is also a grading suggestion for the grammar activity.
- scenes 5-8 – includes vocabulary and practice with passé composé.
- scenes 9-15 – includes vocabulary and practice with object pronouns.
- scenes 16-20 – includes vocabulary and practice with verbs in the present tense (regular and irregular)
- scenes 1-4 vocab quiz – Matching format.
- scenes 1-8 vocab quiz – Matching and fill-in-the-blank formats.
- scenes 9-15 vocab quiz – matching and fill-in-the-blank formats.
All of the documents come in a zip folder, and they are in Word format, should you wish to modify anything.
Time requirement: Showing a scene twice and giving the students time to work on the grammar activity took 45 minutes. The next class, we would go over the grammar activity, so that took more time.