Be the talk of the town with this meet the teacher
night escape room activity. Guaranteed - you'll have all
your parents talking about you and your 'meet the teacher' night for a long time. Plus, your students will love
taking part too!
This escape room
activity is perfect for 'Meet the Teacher Night'
. This activity will make your night engaging, fun and will encourage families to fill out all the relevant forms and information that you need for your students.
• Editable escape room activity - make your own with the templates included
• Already complete escape room activity with instructions on how to set up
• Certificate to give to those who complete the escape room
• Editable leaflet/brochure for you to give to your students families - create your leaflet/brochure to include what you want.
What is the escape room and what's included?
• Welcome page
• Teacher Set Up Instructions
• Instruction page - introduce the escape room
• Participant worksheets - to fill in their information and keep track of their escape room journey
• Completion Certificates
• Task numbers of flashcards that will fit into IKEA Tolsby frames so that participants know which task is where
• Task Guides - printable sheets for each task so participants know what they have to do.
• Task 1
- Sign in and Sign Up Form. Includes; name of student, name of parent/family member, their email address and contact number.
Challenge - How many questions are there to fill in on the ‘Sign In’ worksheet? Write the third letter of the number into ‘Task 1 letter’ on your escape room worksheet.
• Task 2
- Child Drop off and Collection Details. Table. Includes anme of student, drop off to school info, pick up from school info and emergency contact.
Challenge - Complete the challenge by following the instructions and putting the characters in the car. The person who is left behind and does not go on the bus, look at their name. Use the first letter of their name and put this onto your worksheet.
• Task 3
- Find your child’s seat and fill in the information pack. Information pack includes - student full name, birth date, age, gender, address, parent/guardian details - name, relationship to child, 2 phone numbers, email address. Siblings. Allergies. Medication. Diagnosis. Any important information we should know.
Challenge - Locate the challenge card on the table. Use the code word cracker at the top of the challenge card and use this to move the letters to break the code. Then follow the instructions to get your letter.
• Task 4
- Fill in permission for field trips and sign up to be a field trip volunteer.
Challenge - There is a jigsaw on your table. Put the jigsaw together to build a play doh letter. Once you have made your letter, this is your letter for challenge #4 on your worksheet.
• Task 5
- take a hand - can you lend a hand this year? - (this is a supply wish list - markers, glue sticks, parent volunteer etc). Have parent volunteer sign up sheet. 1/2 page papers. Students name, parents name, email address, phone number. Tick activities interested in helping with. I.e class parties, field trips, copying/cutting, donating supplies/books/treats, help with reading, special talent, school fetes, fundraising etc.
Challenge - What animal am I?
I have 4 legs
I have black and white stripes on my body
I look a bit like a horse
I like to eat grass
The first letter is the letter for challenge #5 on your worksheet.
• Task 6
- Have a look at the information sheet on the table. You can find out lots of information about me as a teacher. Fill out the worksheet with your child for information about them for us to get to know your child even better.
Challenge - What animal am I? Hint: I have two big ears and a long trunk. The first letter of the animal is your letter for challenge #6 on your worksheet. (Inlcudes a shadow image of an animal for students to try and identify.)
• Task 7
- You have worked really hard through this escape room and you’ve almost escaped! You just have one final task left to complete. On your worksheet, you now have 6 letters that you have gained from each task. Your final challenge is to unscramble these letters and a create a word at the bottom of your worksheet. Once you have unscrambled the word, write it down and hand it in to the class teacher for your treat!
Forms included for you to collect information:
• Sign In and Sign Up
Student name, Family members name, their email address and phone number.
• Drop Off! Pick Up!
Student name, drop off to school information, pick up from school information and emergency contact.
• Student Information
Student full name, other names like to be called, date of birth, current age, address, parent/guardian 1 details (name, relationship to student, 2 ontact numbers and email address), parent/guardian 2 details (same as 1), allergies, any regular medication, current diagnosis, any other improtant information we should know.
• Trip permission forms
• Trip volunteer sign up
• Volunteer sign up form - with check options for class parties, copying, cutting and laminating, fundraising, class fete/school fete, donating supplies and an other box with comment section.
Click below to find:
• $2.99 and under cart fillers.
• Back to School Resources
• Great $$ Saving Bundles
• Autism Classroom Resources
• Autism Classroom Bundle
Once you have purchased this resource don't forget to come back and leave feedback to help you gain some TpT credits! If you want to keep up to date with my sales, new resources, freebies and so much more click the green ★
next to my store name!
I love to see my resources in action in your classrooms, if you use one and would like to send me an image of it you can send to me @teachingautism on Instagram! Follow me here.
What are TpT Credits?
You can gain TpT credits by going back and leaving feedback on any purchases that you have made. The credits build up and then you can use them off future purchases - from any seller on TpT!