PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Crafts, worksheets, games and cards to complement the Meg's Eggs story by Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski. Storytelling cards are also included for use WITHOUT THE BOOK. These fun, interactive activities help children learn and revise colours, numbers, 2D shapes, food, animals, dinosaurs and halloween vocabulary while developing fine motor skills, literacy skills, social skills and useful language for the classroom.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
Find storytelling cards, flashcards, mini-cards, matching cards, counting cauldron board games, numbers jigsaws, coloring sheets, color by number / shape sheets, make a Meg shapes craft, storyboard crafts, make a spell write and draw templates and stick puppets.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Numbers jigsaws - Choose one of the three options in either a game or craft activity to make an attractive Meg and Mog jigsaw while practising numbers, sequencing and key language from the strory at the same time.
* Storytelling cards - Use these cards to tell the story in a simplified interactive way using the prompts on the back of each image. See the activity suggestions for ideas on re-telling the story using the cards.
* Counting cauldron board games - Choose between a longer and shorter version. While playing children collect ingredients to stick in their cauldron. At the end, the children count up their ingredients and complete the worksheet. They have to decide what their spell makes!
* Stick puppets - Using these templates, children create stick puppets that they can use in a variety of story retelling activities and games.
* Coloring sheets - Choose between 6 different worksheets and follow the activity suggestions to make this activity as interactive and language rich as you like.
* Color by number / shape - Use these worksheets to practise number recognition, shapes, numerals and/or literacy skills. Four versions are included to allow you to differentiate between abilities easily.
* Make a Meg shapes craft - Children make their very own Meg picture using the shapes. Follow the activity suggestions for ideas on setting up the activity and maximising practise of either receptive or productive skills.
* Meg's Eggs storyboards - Choose between 4 different versions of this story board. Excellent practise for sequencing skills, literacy skills and consolidating key language from the story. The suggestions help inspire interactive ways to retell the story.
*Make a spell draw and write templates - Children can use these templates to make their very own spell. There are a variety of templates with varying levels of writing support. There is also a draw only template for the littlest spell makers.
* Mini-cards - Excellent for a range of games and matching tasks. Print multiple sets for pair and small group work.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
If you like this resource, you may also be interested in our other Meg and Mog resources:
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I'm keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.
You may also like to take a look at some of our other story-based resources:
After you've had a chance to use this product, we'd really appreciate it if you could visit us again to leave your feedback and comments. It really helps us improve our resources.
How to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We'd really love it if you'd rate our item after downloading! Feedback is so VERY important!
Follow our Store
Click on the green star next to our store logo to receive upcoming sales, freebie and product launches, and email updates!