This MASSIVE color word activity pack is just what your students need to help them practice reading, writing, and spelling their color words while having FUN! There are several games and activities that are perfect for the beginning of the year and can be used for morning work, in centers, or as independent practice.
I've included a detailed table of contents with a description of each activity in the packet. You will receive 11 different activities to practice the color words: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, black, and white.
1. Which Color Will Win?-Students will spin a spinner (included) and trace the matching color word on a recording sheet. They will practice writing color words while racing to see which color reaches the top first.
2. Roll a Color Word-Students will roll a dice (included) and color the corresponding space on the recording sheet.
3. Puzzles-Students will practice spelling the color words as they assemble the puzzles.
4. Color Word Puzzles-Students will put three-part puzzles together to help them recognize color words and sort objects by corresponding color.
5. Color Word Clip Cards-Students will look at the picture on the card and find the correct color word at the bottom. They will place a clothespin over the correct color word. This is a self-checking activity.
6. Write the Room-Hang the picture cards around the room and the students will write the color words on their recording sheet as they find them.
7. Color Word Cover Up-In this spinner game, students will spin the spinner and cover up a matching crayon on the gameboard.
8. Path Games-Two different path games included. Students will roll a die and move a game piece to a space on the gameboard with the corresponding color.
9. Word Building Mats-Students can use included letter cards or magnetic letters to build color words.
10. Read it, Stamp it, Write it-Students will read the color word, stamp it using stamps, and write with utensil of your choosing.
11. Rainbow Writing-Students will roll a dice, look on the dice/color word printable to see which color to use, and trace the color word on the recording sheet.