Meiosis and Genetic Inheritance PowerPoint and Handouts Bundle
Students will flip over this lesson about how chromosomes are inherited during meiosis. This is an engaging lesson that really allows students to grasp the concept of probability and chance.
What students will do:
* Take brief notes on the process of meiosis.
* Survey their classmates to see just how unique or alike they are, and relate those results to the world as a whole.
* Flip coins to see what kind of traits their offspring will receive in a Game of Chance.
* Make their baby using the traits they inherited.
Included in this lesson are 15 PowerPoint slides and 7 pages of student handouts and answer keys.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Genetics Bundled Unit
which comes with a 115+ PowerPoint slide presentation and 160+ handouts for teaching Genetics and Heredity in your classroom.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Genetics Task Cards
- Genetics Word Wall
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes four cootie catchers aligned with our genetics unit.
- WinterThemed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Genetics: Meiosis Notes, Just Like Me Lab & A Game of Chance Activity by © Getting Nerdy, LLC