Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Do you need fun and effective online activities to build and assess pitch reading? These Melodic Dictation Music Games are the perfect solution. Boom Cards provide instant checking and reinforcement as students listen and build the correct musical patterns, all in a game atmosphere. As a bonus, the pitch blocks match Boomwhackers!
- Click the preview button above to get a better look at these engaging music literacy activities.
- Click “Play" on each video preview to see each set in use. (Make sure your sound is on.)
- CLICK HERE to sample each game on Boom Learning. Scroll down to see all choices.
- CLICK HERE to follow "Mi" so you are notified when new resources are posted.
- Melodic Dictation FREE Primer - So, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 1 - So, La, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 2 - Do, Re, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 3 - Do, Re, Mi + So
- Melodic Dictation Set 4 - Do, Mi, So
- Melodic Dictation Set 5 - Do, Mi, So + La
- Melodic Dictation Set 6 - Do, Re, Mi, So, La
- Cards can be used as centers, for practice, or assessment.
- Boom cards are compatible with most whiteboards, iPads, chrome books, or computers.
- May be assigned with Google Classroom™ or your school's LMS.
- Assign the level at which each student is ready.
- Students may repeat a level as many times as necessary.
- They may work at their own pace, advancing when they have mastered each level.
- Students are motivated to earn incentives and they progress.
- Rhythmic Dictation Primer - Quarter note/rest, FREE
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 1 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 2 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 3 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 4 - Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 5 - Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, 2 sixteenth/eighth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 6 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, syncopation
**Click to access all 7 sets in this fun Rhythm Dictation BUNDLE.
- Set 1 - Treble Clef Spaces | BASIC (spaces of the staff)
- Set 2 - Treble Clef Lines | BASIC (lines of the staff)
- Set 3 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces | BASIC (all notes on the staff)
- Set 4 - Treble Clef Spaces | EXTENDED (includes notes one space above/below the staff)
- Set 5 - Treble Clef Lines | EXTENDED (includes notes one ledger line above/below the staff)
- Set 6 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces EXTENDED (includes notes one ledger line above/below the staff)
**Click to access all 6 sets of this engaging Treble Clef Note Name BUNDLE.
- Teachers must create a FREE Boom Learning account to use Boom cards with your students. Fast play mode may be used with a FREE account.
- Boom task cards are an online product. You must have online access to use this resource.
- This download contains a PRIVATE LINK for you to access purchased games.
Boom Cards live in the cloud and require an internet connection. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. Teachers must create a FREE Boom Learning account to use Boom Cards (to protect children). Teachers may create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get a 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. Free accounts must assign Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.
If you are new to Boom Cards and need more information about getting started, click on the links below. I promise, it is not hard and you are going to LOVE them! My mom even plays my dictation sets to help her with sight reading in the church choir.
- Blog Post | Boom Task Cards in Elementary Music
- Blog Post | Ways to Use Boom Task Cards in Music Classes
- Blog Post | Boom Cards for Developing Music Literacy
If you are looking for music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.