Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
21.53 MB | 20 pages
Summer is full of fun colors! Celebrate summer with this colorful activity using new, used or discarded crayons.
Included is a pdf file of the complete book. It can be printed, laminated and bound as a book. Pages can also be printed 2 or 4 to a page and used as task cards.
The last page of the book is a topic boad that students can use alongside their art topic boards or other AAC systems.
This project can address many communication, academic and life skills goals. In preparing for this art work, students can:
1. Sort crayons by color
2. Arrange crayons like a rainbow
3. Practice requesting specific colors or items
4. Make choices for which colors they may want to use.
5. Practice core vocabulary such as colors, "turn on", "turn off"
6. Switch users can have the blow dryer attached to a Power Link and jellybean switch for maximum participation.
7. Students may also be required to ask teachers and students for their old crayons.
8. When the piece is completed, you will have a permanent conversation piece! And a beautiful wone at that!.
The compressed file includes:
Powerpoint Slide Show supported by SymbolStix
PDF File of the Entire Book - plus topic board
Photos collected from Google Images and my own. Symbol supports from SymbolStix.