This is a 26-Question Jeopardy-Style Powerpoint that can be used as a review game to help students check their understanding of the following terms and concepts:
1) Biological Membranes - location in cell, structure (phospholipid bilayer, fluid mosiac model, proteins) and function (homeostasis and selective permeability)
2) Diffusion - physical process of, examples
3) Transport - passive, active, facilitated, concentration gradients, sodium potassium pump
4) Transport (con't) - osmosis, hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic
5) Osmoregulation in plant vs. Animal cells
6) Bulk Transport - Endocytosis, Exocytosis, Pinocytosis, Phagocytosis
This game is part of a Unit Bundle on Cell Membranes and Transport. The unit is NGSS aligned. If you are interested, you can find it here:
Get it here: NGSS Aligned: Membranes and Transport Unit Bundle
Looking for a diffusion/osmosis lab ? Check out my lab that uses dialysis tubes to model the movement of substances into and out of a cell. It is NGSS aligned. If you are interested, you can find it here:
Get it here: NGSS Aligned: Dialysis Bag Lab
Looking for a diffusion/osmosis lab that is a little simpler? Check out my lab that uses potato slices (or another vegetable) in order to measure the movement of water into and out of cells in various mixtures. If you are interested, you can find it here:
Get it here: NGSS Aligned: Potato Lab: Diffusion and Osmosis
A final Jeopardy question is included.
It is easy to use. Simply click the money amount for any question and it will bring you to that question. After the question is answered, you can click the Home Button icon on the bottom of the slide, which will bring you back to the categories screen.
All answers are included.