Memorial Day Math Centers: Patriotic Fact Families -
★ 102 Fact Families with Patriotic graphics with all number families to 18
★ Great for learning addition and subtraction facts!
★ 32 Different Patriotic Graphics
Being able to write the number facts for a Fact Family is an important skill that helps students realize how memorizing one fact helps you to know 3 other facts right away!
Use just the Triangle Facts that are appropriate for your students. This activity can grow with your students’ abilities and allow for differentiation.
I have included black and white recording sheets if you want to make copies.
I have included colored recording sheets if you want to laminate them and make them part of a center for students to write on with erasable markers.
There are black and white versions to make copies for students to write on with pencil.
There are 2 types of recording sheets:
One has the addition signs, subtraction signs and equal signs for students who are just beginning to learn about fact families.
The other is for more advanced students and has just lines for students to write the facts in their entirety.
I have also included Fact Family Awards, 2 in color and 2 in black and white for students to color.
Students need to remember:
• The 2 smallest numbers always add up to the largest number.
• The order of those 2 smaller numbers can be changed because of the Commutative Property of Addition.
• The subtraction facts always begin with the largest number.
• Either of the smaller numbers can be subtracted from the largest number.
Please click on any of the GREEN LINKS BELOW to see my other Memorial Day Learning Activities. Thank you!
Memorial Day BUNDLE VALUE - A $5.00 Savings!
Early Primary Grades - 115+ Pages - All 5 Products in This Bundle Have a 4.0 Rating!
This bundle contains:
• Memorial Day Emergent Readers (2 Reading Levels - 3 Versions of Each Level
• Memorial Day Poems and Songs - 16 Poems in Color and Black and White for Students to Color
• Memorial Day Counting and Skip Counting Activities - Count by ones, twos, fives, and tens to 100.
• Memorial Day Themed Sight Word Game Boards - A Set of 5 Different Game Boards Containing the First 100 Dolch Sight Words
• Memorial Day Sight Word Activities - 9 Sets - 3 Ways to Play - First 100 Dolch Sight Words
Memorial Day Emergent Readers
- Easy Assembly – 2 Reading Levels - 3 Versions of Each Level – 14 Page Download - Use for guided reading and/or send home, and learn about Memorial Day at the same time.
• One version of each level has colored clipart.
• One version of each level has black and white clipart for students to color.
• One version at each level has text only for your students to illustrate to demonstrate their comprehension.
Send home for that home/school connection.
Memorial Day and Patriotic Poems and Songs
– 29 page file – All Illustrated with Patriotic themed Graphics-2 Versions – Color and B/W. 16 Poems/Songs, some about Memorial Day and some about the flag and patriotism. Just choose those you like, and print just those pages. Larger patriotic images to cut out and glue onto shared reading charts. Sing to familiar tunes, or chant. Use some or all year after year.
Memorial Day PowerPoint Presentation- 32 slides - 2 Reading Levels + 16 Songs/Poems
to sing to popular children's tunes! This PowerPoint Presentation contains 16 Memorial Day Patriotic Songs that are in one of my other Memorial Day Products as well as both versions of the Memorial Day mini-book, emergent and more difficult. Have a sing along and learn about Memorial Day at the same time.
Memorial Day Literacy Center Activities – Memorial Day Patriotic - Match Upper & Lower Case Letters
– Counting to 20 -14 Page Download – 4 Ways to Play - Memorial Day Patriotic graphics with the lower case letters of the alphabet match up to other Memorial Day patriotic graphics with the upper case letters. Numbers 1-20 to arrange in order as well. Optional recording sheets for students to write the alphabet and the numbers. Optional Alphabet and Counting Awards.
Memorial Day Literacy Centers: Patriotic Contractions
– 4 Separate Sets – Matching Memory/Concentration - 48 Pairs of Contractions and Their Components- 29 Page Download – Text is color coded to keep sets separated. 2 Ways to Play - Optional recording sheets for students to write the contractions and the two words from which each is made. Answer keys for each set are included. Play as a simple independent matching activity or as a partner game.
Memorial Day Literacy Centers Patriotic Build A Word Wheels – Set 1 –
Different Ways To Use & Record – 63 Different Combinations of Wheels, so you can make 63 Word Builder Wheels with this set! - Includes 4 Word Builder Awards & 8 Recording Sheets – Great for Differentiating Word Building Practice with your students - 7 inner wheels and 9 outer wheels
Memorial Day Sight Words Activities Patriotic Theme SET 1
- 9 Separate Games - 3 Ways to Play - 48 page download - First 100 Dolch Words. (See set 2 in my other product listings for the last 120 Dolch Words.)
Memorial Day Patriotic Sight Word Activities SET TWO
– 10 Sets – Memory, Roll and Read, Follow the Path, and Go Fish! 4 Ways to Play - 48 page download – Last 120 Dolch Words. (See set 1 in my other product listings for the first 100 Dolch Words with different backings and font size to differentiate from set 2.)
Memorial Day Math Centers Activities - Patriotic Addition Fact Activities to 20! -
3 Ways to Play - 40 page download – 167 Addition Facts to 20 (Subtraction Facts available in my other product listings .)
Memorial Day Math Centers: Patriotic Subtraction Facts Activities to 20 -
3 Ways to Play - 50 page download – 231 Subtraction Facts to 20. Differentiate!
(Addition Facts to 20 available in my other product listings .)
Memorial Day Math Centers: Patriotic Fact Families -Triangle Facts - 102 Fact Families
with Patriotic graphics with all number families to 18 -
Great for learning addition and subtraction facts! (32 Different Patriotic Graphics) - 25 Page Download - Being able to write the number facts for a Fact Family is an important skill that helps students realize how memorizing one fact helps you to know 3 other facts right away!
Memorial Day Math Centers: Patriotic Counting and Skip Counting Activities and more…
30 Page Download - Theme: Memorial Day Patriotic Clipart introduction to or review of counting and skip counting by ones, twos, fives, and tens to 100.
Memorial Day Math Centers: Patriotic M&Ms Math Activities
- Also 1 Poem & 1 Song - 11 Page Download - Your students can have fun celebrating Memorial Day or the 4th of July and learn some math at the same time. You can also use the poem and/or song during Shared Reading.
Memorial Day Patriotic Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities SET ONE –
- 5 different patriotic game boards for the first 100 Dolch sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners, recording sheets, and optional award certificates. 20 Page Download.
Memorial Day Patriotic Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities SET TWO –
5 Different Game Boards - 5 different patriotic game boards for the LAST 120 sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners, recording sheets, and optional award certificates. 20 Page Download.
Visit my store here:
Visit my Pinterest Board here to see product close-ups:
Visit my Blog: Learning Activities for Kids here:
Visit my Facebook Page here:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
If you have a suggestion or find an error in any of my resources:
• Please use the “Ask A Question” feature that TpT has, or email me at email@example.com I always respond promptly to all questions. I will quickly make any adjustments needed, and you can leave your feedback comments after the revision. I always strive to make my resources worthy of 100% satisfaction, and I value the advice of my followers. Thank you…
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Thank you for stopping by!
Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
• Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
• All rights reserved by author. This product is for your classroom or personal use. You may reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to me as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post or presentation. You may not claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove the copyright or watermarks. You may not sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale
• Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip art and font credits. Thank you…
• Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post