Memorial Day is a time to remember those who have served our country. With these pages your students will read non-fiction text and learn about the history of Memorial Day, how people celebrate and learn the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. More importantly these resources practice finding text evidence, comprehension, fact verses opinion, and ABC order. Use these pages as a skills practice, homework, stations work and much more.
Here is what you will receive:
- Non-fiction text about Memorial Day (color/black and white)
- Non-fiction text about the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (color/black and white)
- Finding text evidence: What is Memorial Day?
- Finding text evidence: How do people celebrate Memorial Day?
- Finding text evidence: How is Memorial Day different from Veterans Day?
- Comprehension questions: cloze procedure
- Comprehension questions
- Fact or Opinion
- Venn diagram
- making words with Memorial and suggested answers
- ABC sort cards