Also included in
- This Memorial Day Bundle provides your students with many opportunities to learn about Memorial Day and its importance in their lives. The activities are varied and will keep your students interest during this busy time of the school year.Tips for Customers• Follow my store for product updates and s$6.50$9.29Save $2.79
- This bundle offers your students the chance to learn about US national holidays with the added benefit of movement. There is evidence that when students learn while moving they are better focused and better able to retain what they learn. Regularly scheduled movement should be a part of every day.Ot$17.00$24.90Save $7.90
This scavenger hunt provides information about the Memorial Day holiday to help students understand its meaning and value. This product contains 16 cards and questions. It also contains the nonfiction story “The Story of the Memorial Day Poppy.”
How to Use This Product
1. Print the Memorial Day Scavenger Hunt cards then cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Memorial Day Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Memorial Day Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for scavenger hunt storage and organization
• 16 colorful information cards
• Nonfiction story for discussion "The Story of the Memorial Day Poppy"
• answer key
More about the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥