In this package you will find…
• 4 mental addition strategy sheets, each with an explanation of the strategy and an example.
• 4 mental subtraction strategy sheets, each with an explanation of the strategy and an example.
The strategy sheets can be used in a variety of ways. For instance they can be…
• Used as anchor charts around the classroom to reinforce new strategies as they are taught
• Put into students’ math journals
• Sent home to parents to familiarize them with the strategies thereby improving their ability to practice the strategies with their child.
However, you choose to use them, I hope these mental math strategy sheets help to strengthen your students’ abilities to add and subtract mentally and inspire them to discuss the endless number of ways in which numbers can be added and subtracted!