Also included in
- Are you teaching students about neurodiversity, disabilities and mental health? This is an editable no prep group of lessons on the history of disabilities, ableism, physical disabilities, neurodiversity, developmental disabilities, and mental health conditions. This unit covers many disabilities an$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
What is mental health? May is Mental Health Awareness month! This is an editable no prep 10+ page powerpoint on mental health stigma! Students learn the definition of stigma and how it relates to mental health. Each Google Slide uses large font and has a visual.
This is a sample of my Mental Health Awareness Lesson, where students learn about mental health/ stigma/ how to talk about mental health disorders, conditions & symptoms, including 70 google slides reviewing mental health, a custom video I created with follow-up questions, new vocab review, and 3 differentiated quizzes for students. You can present the lesson remotely or in person, and then test students' knowledge at the end! This activity could be used with elementary school students, middle school, high school or students of varying ages and special education backgrounds. Depending on the level of the students, this lesson could be extended to cover 2 or 3 classes. See Autism Acceptance for a similar lesson that could be done as a part of a unit on neurodiversity!
These templates are compatible with Google Slides and can be used for Microsoft PowerPoint as well.
- See store for more neurodiversity lessons, social skills, life skills, vocational skills, and transition planning resources! All resources are Google Suite compatible, completely editable, and available to download for use on PPT, Word, PDFs, or any other format.
- Mental Health Awareness Lesson & Differentiated Quizzes
- Autism Acceptance - Lesson & Differentiated Quizzes
- Recipe & Grocery Skills (Life Skills/ Cooking/ Estimation) - Reusable Activity
- Nutrition/MyPlate/Daily Meal Plan- Worksheet
- Distance Learning Interactive - Job/Life/Leisure Skills Independent Activity
- Transition/ Future Planning/ Goal Setting (IEP /TPF/ Vision) - 5 page worksheet
- Is This Job Right For Me? - Worksheet
- Current Event Activity - Reusable Activity
- FREE social skills videos I created for my lessons!
- FREE Conversation Skills (Activity)
- Conversation Skills Bundle
- Making Comments Social Story
- How to Comment (Lesson & Activity)
Special Education, Special Ed, Sped, Mental Health, Mental Health Awareness, Mental Health Awareness Month, What is Mental Health, Talking About Mental Health, Ending Stigma, Autism, Disabilities, Special Needs, Abilities, Transition Abilities, Virtual Learning, Distance Learning, Remote Learning, Digital Resource, Interactive, Activity, Google Slides, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Classroom, In Person, Smartboard, iPad, Spring, Autism Awareness, Autism Acceptance, May, Video Modeling, Social Story, Social Stories, High School, Middle School, Elementary, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, 12th grade