Help elementary aged students understand the importance of both physical and mental well-being with this health education unit. Students will learn how to keep their bodies healthy and learn practical strategies to improve and sustain mental health.
This unit includes three mini-lessons on Physical and Mental Health (6 total) and one final lapbook project.
Physical Health Lessons:
1. Fuel with Healthy Foods - Eating a nutritious and balanced diet keeps our bodies healthy.
2. Stay Active - we need 60 minutes of vigorous activity to help our heart and muscles
3. Make Time To Sleep 1 - Sleep helps our body to grow
Mental Health Lessons:
1. Talk it Out - it is important to talk about how we feel on the inside
2. Find Ways to Relax - finding a productive way to relax can improve your mental health
3. Make Time to Sleep (2) - Sleep can improve our mental health and help us feel better during the day
- 3 pages to easily adapt this unit for Bible-based classrooms. Help your students to connect their mental and physical health with their relationship with God.
- A rubric to easily assess the student lapbook