Help elementary aged students understand the importance of both physical and mental well being with this health education unit. Students will learn how to keep their bodies healthy, and learn practical strategies to improve and sustain mental health.
This unit includes three mini-lessons on Physical and Mental Health (6 total) and one final lapbook project.
Physical Health Lessons:
1. Fuel with Healthy Foods - eating a nutritious and balanced diet keeps our bodies healthy.
2. Stay Active - we need 60 minutes of vigorous activity to help our heart and muscles
3. Make Time To Sleep 1 - Sleep helps our body to grow
Mental Health Lessons:
1. Talk it Out - it is important to talk about how we feel on the inside
2. Find Ways to Relax - finding a productive way to relax can improve your mental health
3. Make Time to Sleep (2) - Sleep can improve our mental health and help us feel better during the day
- 3 pages to easily adapt this unit for Bible-based classrooms. Help your students to connect their mental and physical health with their relationship with God.
- A rubric to easily assess the student lapbook