Mental and Physical Health for Elementary
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Help elementary-aged students understand the importance of both physical and mental well-being with this health education unit. Students will learn how to keep their bodies healthy and learn practical strategies to improve and sustain mental health.
This unit includes two introductory activities, three mini-lessons on Physical and Mental Health (6 total) and one final lap book project.
What's included in this Mental and Physical Health Unit for Elementary?
- Introductory Activities - 2 graphic organizers to introduce this new unit. Use this graphic organizers to help students do a little research and kick off your new unit. These are the perfect tool to see what your students already know about mental and physical health
- Physical Health - 3 lessons
- Mental Health - 3 lessons
- Whole Body Health Lap Book Project - A final project to synthesize what students have learned
- Rubric and Answer Keys
- DIGITAL, Google Slides, version
Physical Health Lessons:
- Fuel with Healthy Foods - Eating a nutritious and balanced diet keeps our bodies healthy.
- Stay Active - We need 60 minutes of vigorous activity to help our heart and muscles
- Make Time To Sleep (1) - Sleep helps our body to grow
Mental Health Lessons:
- Talk it Out - it is important to talk about how we feel on the inside
- Find Ways to Relax - finding a productive way to relax can improve your mental health
- Make Time to Sleep (2) - Sleep can improve our mental health and help us feel better during the day
- 3 pages to easily adapt this unit for Bible-based classrooms. Help your students to connect their mental and physical health with their relationship with God. These pages are available at the back of the printable PDF and in a separate Google Slides document. The whole unit is still completely appropriate for public and non-religious schools.
- A rubric to easily assess the student lapbook
- A complete answer key of all student pages
- A DIGITAL, Google Slides version. This version is horizontal, full color, and completely ready for digital learning.
(For distance learning, students can complete the lapbook pages on their computer/tablet without printing and assembling the final project).
What are teachers saying about these lessons?
"I used this during our spring closure and got tons of positive feedback from parents and kids. They loved having activities that hit them on a physical/emotional level." - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Bethany E.
"I used this product for health class. It was organized really well and required very minimal preplanning to use. I liked how we could complete the worksheets together and then as a review, the students would fill in the parts of the body. They really enjoyed having the option of writing words or drawing pictures to do this." - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Audra R.
"Great engaging activity to help students grasp the importance of being healthy mentally and physically " ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Sean F.