Also included in
- This resource has everything you need to implement Mentor Sentences DIGITALLY or in print in your middle School ELA classroom, by using sentences from popular middle grade and young adult novels. The resources includes mentor sentences for each week, examples and possible answers for each day of the$64.00$85.00Save $21.00
- Included in this middle school grammar resource bundle are four of my best-selling grammar resources: middle school mentor sentences to teach grammar, middle school grammar exit tickets, and middle school grammar reference cards and reference sheets. Click on each individual produce image to see a p$85.00$108.00Save $23.00
- These resources have everything you need to implement Mentor Sentences in your middle School ELA classroom, by using sentences from popular middle grade and young adult novels. The resources includes mentor sentences for each week, examples and possible answers for each day of the week, teacher less$120.00$165.00Save $45.00
- This HUGE bundle includes the following middle school ELA Resources: ELA Bell Ringers, Middle School Mentor Sentences, Reading Units and Novel Studies, Middle School ELA Exit Tickets, Editable ELA Pacing Guide, and Editable ELA Rubrics.Click on each of the individual resources to see a preview of ea$600.00$764.50Save $164.50
This resource has everything you need to implement Mentor Sentences DIGITALLY or in print in your middle School ELA classroom, by using sentences from popular middle grade and young adult novels. The resources includes mentor sentences for each week, examples and possible answers for each day of the week, teacher lessons and interactive notebooks lessons with all examples and answer keys, weekly assessments, projection slides, and a worksheet, or interactive notebook option for each week's sentence.
NOW DIGITAL AND PRINT OPTIONS. CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE.
TEACH MULTIPLE GRADES?
- Quarter One: First 9 Weeks of Mentor Sentences
- Quarter Two: Second 9 Weeks of Mentor Sentences
- Quarter Three: Third 9 Weeks of Mentor Sentences
- Quarter Four: Fourth 9 Weeks of Mentor Sentences
DIGITAL ONLY OPTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE
- DIGITAL Quarter One: First Nine Weeks of Mentor Sentences.
- DIGITAL Quarter Two: Second Nine Weeks of Mentor Sentences
- DIGITAL Quarter Three: Third Nine Weeks of Mentor Sentences
- DIGITAL Quarter Four: Fourth Nine Weeks of Mentor Sentences
WHAT ARE MENTOR SENTENCES?
- Love the idea of doing mentor sentences with your middle school students, but don't know where to start?
- I have loved the idea of mentor sentences for my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade English students, but I wanted a resource that everything laid out for me, was aligned to the 6th-8th grade CCSS ELA Language Standards, and also used sentences from novels that my middle school students know and love to read. This resource does just that.
- This resource was designed 100% based on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Language standards for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.
DIGITAL UPDATE AND COMPONENTS NOW INCLUDED:
- Google Slides Interactive Mentor Sentences for students to type into.
- Google Slides Interactive Tuesday Grammar Lesson note pages for students to type right into
- Google Forms SELF-GRADING Friday Assessments
- Google Slides Mentor Sentences to Display
- Google Slides Mentor Sentences Answer Keys for Teachers
- Google Slides Tuesday Examples and Answers for Teachers.
This resource has EVERYTHING you need to start mentor sentences today:
- Mentor sentences for each week.
- Student grammar, parts of speech, punctuation, etc. reference sheets (8 reference pages in all). Color and black and white options.
- Student interactive grammar notebook lessons for Tuesdays (with answer keys and all examples for teachers).
- Weekly Assessments, based on the mentor sentences and grammar skills, along with all answer keys.
- Answer keys and possible answer for every day of the week for ALL mentor sentences.
Three different options for Mentor Sentence application in your classroom:
- Worksheet option. One page for each day of the week. The worksheet has the mentor sentence, the directions for each day of the week, and room for them to write notes about the Grammar skills.
- Interactive Notebook Option: 8 mentor sentences per page for students to cut and glue into their notebooks, and complete all work in their notebooks.
- Teacher Projection PowerPoint saved as PDF to project. Teachers can just project the sentences and students complete the activities in their notebooks.
The second 9 weeks' mentor texts:
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- White Fang by Jack London
The second 9 weeks' concepts:
- Intensive Pronouns
- Vague Pronouns
- Direct Objects
- Indirect Objects
- Object of the Preposition
- Figurative Language: Metaphor
- Figurative Language: Simile
- Punctuation Nonrestrictive Elements
- Author Style and Tone
- Comparative Adjective
- Superlative Adjectives
- Benefits of using the four different type of sentence structure (variety)
- Proper noun Rules
- Dangling Modifier Rules
- Expressing Ideas Precisely and eliminating wordiness and redundancy
- Plural Noun Rules
- Past and Present Participle