The Merry Pranks of Master Till MP3 and 24-page activity booklet tells the medieval tales about a boy named Till. Set to Richard Strauss' classical tone poem, 'Till Eulenspiegel", Till plays tricks on people to show them that they may not be as high and mighty as they think! Twisting the words of professors and bakers, tailors and priests, he travels the countryside. In the end, however, Till discovers that the world has little patience for his antics. Recorded by the London Philharmonic Orchestra (the same orchestra that recorded the Lord of the Rings trilogy) this amazing music is of the highest audio quality and is sure to be enjoyed by adults and children alike.
The enclosed 24-page PDF activity book includes the stories of Till illustrated by Giles Laroche, a biography of Richard Strauss, information on the French horn, a crossword puzzle and more! Also available is the free Merry Pranks of Master Till Curriculum Guide with lessons in music, math, art, science, geography, language arts and history!
1. Introduction - Introduction to the story and music.
2. Merry Pranks of Master Till - The medieval tales about a boy named Till are set to Richard Strauss' classic tone poem, Til Eulenspiegel for narrator and orchestra.
3. About the Composer: Richard Strauss - Learn about the composer.
4. Till Eulenspiegel - Enimal Anders! - Till Eulenspiegel for violin, clarinet, horn, bassoon and brass. Arragned by Franz Hasenohrl (1855-1970). Performed by Chicago Pro Musica.
5. Listen Again... - Now that you know the stories, listen again to the music without narration.
6. Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Music without narration.