The diversity of Hispanic cultures - we really teach it in almost every lesson. Yet, Hispanic Heritage Month is a special occasion! This unit contains many stand-alone activities all of which are designed to further expand students' knowledge about Hispanic and Latin countries as well as raise their awareness about the influence of Hispanics and Latinos in the US.
This product contains the following tasks:
- a reading comprehension about Hispanic Heritage month with a focus on cognates
- labeling a map of Central America
- a knowledge test on a select number of flags and capitals of Hispanic countries
- the identification of US states and cities with Spanish names
- a reading comprehension explaining the difference between the terms Hispanic and Latino
- nationalities of Spanish-speaking countries
- using key words for talking about heritage (provenir, lengua maternal, proceder, etc.) in a gap fill exercise
- a table for sharing information about students' heritage
- a knowledge quiz about Honduras
- a short informational text about a minority in Honduras
- matching influential Hispanics in the US (photo/text/name)
- Who is who? - questions
- an activity that asks students to design an infographic-poster about Argentina, Cuba or a country of their choice
- an short introduction to Spanglish
- an end of unit knowledge test
Target Group: Intermediate students of Spanish (A2/B1)
Learning Objectives: Reinforcing and expanding cultural and geographical knowledge of a select number of Hispanic countries, gaining a deeper understanding of the diversity of Hispanic and Latino cultures in the US, understanding the difference between the terms Hispanic and Latino, developing critical thinking skills
Stefanie from LearnLanguages
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Be the first to know about my freebies, discounts and new products. Click the green star next to my photo logo and become a follower!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I greatly appreciate your feedback!