Products in this Bundle (16)
showing 1-5 of 16 products
Also included in
- This bundle combines two complete bundles including the Google Ready Ancient Mesopotamia bundle and the traditional classroom Ancient Mesopotamia printable resource bundle. The combined bundle is perfect for a teacher that wants to start exploring the benefits of Google Classroom, but still wants to$38.00$71.59Save $33.59
- This Mega bundle of the year in Ancient History curriculum combines 12 complete bundles including the Google Ready Ancient History bundles and the traditional classroom Ancient History printable resource bundles. Content areas include: Ancient Greece, Rome, Mesopotamia, India, Egypt and China.The co$280.00$404.19Save $124.19
Our most popular Mesopotamia Unit bundle can be downloaded by individual activity OR all together in organized subfolders with a scope and sequence. The entire bundle is included in the bonus file when purchased.
This Ancient Mesopotamia resource bundle has rigor, versatility, and fun! This printable-paper Ancient Mesopotamia activities lesson bundle comes to you via printable PDF files.
This bundle is a COMPLETE UNIT. Check out the PREVIEW for a closer look!
Like all of our units, the Ancient Mesopotamia unit has a common flow that reduces anxiety for you and your students throughout the year! We know that students need structure and accountability to succeed so our units are taught with a common sequence, complete with mini-assessments along the way.
Here’s what’s included, organized in 8 sequenced subfolders:
1.⚡Mesopotamia Introductory Investigation Subfolder- This lesson is a great introduction and includes a summative activity. Students analyze visuals, primary source excerpts, and map to make predictions about the content they will learn about.
2. Ancient Mesopotamia Geography Mini-Bundle Subfolder- Includes two assignment options, a satellite map instructional PowerPoint, and a fun class game. Now includes a geography quiz and answer key!
3.⭐Mesopotamia Vocabulary Subfolder- Includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a quiz. Also, includes Quizlet links for online learning practice with the same words and definitions!
4. Notes, Readings, and Graphic Organizers Subfolder- Includes everything you need to teach the content via readings, activities, or direct instruction. Complete with a content quiz!
- Ancient Mesopotamia Historical Snapshot- This Ancient Mesopotamia Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet, and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science. Now includes a comprehension quiz and answer key!
- PowerPoint Notes and two-page outline printable notes with graphic organizer that can be used interchangeably!
- Student-Centered Reading Stations- Reading stations are organized by key concepts for social science and have a worksheet or folding graphic organizer option.
5. Activities Subfolder- Includes diverse, interactive, student-centered activities, from which teachers can pick and choose based on personal style and class needs.
- Write Like a Sumerian! Cuneiform in Mesopotamia Common Core Writing and Literacy
- - A primary source analysis reading and writing activity.
- Mesopotamia Time Machine Newscast- A Class play/read aloud script with graphic organizer.
- Sumerian Selfie Instagram Post Ancient Mesopotamia Leadership Activity
- Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template for a Perfect Informational Paragraph with iPad App Writing Template and Rubric
- What's Your Destiny? Close reading and afun comprehension game. Students read and compete on a displayed class game board. Winning students choose a fictitious destiny that is shared with the class!
- Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities (5 to choose from)
- Common Core Aligned Research Project Packet and Activity (6 ideas and Templates with the SAME rubric!)
- Doodle World History Summary Activity. Fun creative note-taking graphic organizer that allows students to detail the 6 key "big idea" concepts.
- Jingle Mingle Fun Review Interactive- Students mingle about the room finding partners. When the music stops, students address essential learning questions together!
- Claim, Evidence, Reasoning Resource Pack
6. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons and Review – Students make inferences and predictions from the text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
7. Subfolder- Includes 10 activities that work perfectly with interactive notebooks! Each unit comes with a key concepts introductions PowerPoint and graphic organizer, My World- Big Ideas Activity, Folding graphic Organizer, The Biggest Idea Unit Summary Activity, Big Idea Claim, Evidence, Reasoning Writing Guides, Linking the Big Ideas Analysis Activity, Key Concept Storyboard, Key Concepts Foldable Mini-Packet of Resources and a Key Concepts Field Report Summary Activity
8. ✍Study Guides, Key Concept Review, and Test Subfolder- Each unit comes with a study guide that has students pre-read and define important vocabulary and make meaning of text excerpts that they will also see on the skill-based test! This helps reduce test anxiety and while accomplishing the same skill-based reading comprehension goal. Check out the multiple-choice editable Common Core test. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence!
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
MESOPOTAMIA BUNDLE CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
• Government /Leadership
• Social Classes.
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically and make comparisons as young social scientists.
❤️❤️❤️SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Ancient History Lesson Plans in a discounted ANCIENT HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
The Mesopotamia Bundle is also available in a digital classroom format the works great in any internet-based or paperless class including Google Classroom! The digital version includes Google Forms assessments, interactive Google Slides digital activities that have premade text boxes, and Google Earth/Maps activities.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
✓ TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
✓Pinterest for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
✓Instagram for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
✓Facebook for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
✓Twitter for random acts of teaching @instructomania
✓ Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own licenses. If you are a teacher, principal, or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. and Mrs. P:
We are both Middle School teachers, so our lessons are both student and teacher-approved! World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum, you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes, and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google-ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources, and thematic assignments.