6th Grade Social Studies Overview unit on Ancient Mesopotamia
This includes the entire overview unit (when we take a civilization and break it down into 5 categories: Economics, Achievements, Region, Theology, and History), covering 1-2 weeks of class time:
- A two-page overview of guided student notes
- The teacher notes key
- PowerPoint Presentation with 40+ slides
- Map handout/WS of Mesopotamia and the Fertile Crescent
- Formative Assessment based on the notes
- Summative Assessment based on the notes
- Answer keys for both assessments
This bundle also includes:
- a cover page for the Mesopotamia unit that follows our E.A.R.T.H. categorization method.
- an embedded video in the PowerPoint presentation
I use this Overview method to give students a brief introduction of the unit before going deeper into the material in the second semester.