This informative 28 slide assembly is perfect to deliver to older students though could be simplified for younger students. There has been much debate about learning styles and meta cognition and what is best for students to know. This assembly teaches them both. It goes into depth about the process of meta cognition (thinking about thinking) and the different ways a student learns. There are also 2 different tutor time tasks for students to complete.
This assembly covers:
- introduction of meta-cognition and learning styles
- What is meta cognition (with video)
- Stages of meta cognition and thought process when learning
- What are the learning styles? (with video)
- in-depth look at each learning style
- inspirational video