Metal, Nonmetal, Metalloid Vocabulary Activity
Atoms & Elements Unit
Students will be able to…
• Identify the definition and an example for each of the following terms: malleable, ductile, luster, dull, brittle, conductor, semiconductor, density, metal, nonmetal, metalloid
• Student Directions page. (This can be included in the bag or folder where the vocab cards are kept, so that students can begin the activity without requiring teacher instructions.)
• 33 total cards (11 vocabulary word cards, 11 definition cards, 11 example cards)
• KEY – vocab, definition, and example cards matched by category
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Directions: Print, laminate (optional), and cut-out a set of cards for each student/group. With a partner, students should match each vocabulary term with the correct definition card and example card. Then students, should divide the cards into three categories: metals, nonmetals, and metalloids.
Ideas for Using Activity:
• Warm-Up activity
• Station Activity
• Students can start and complete the activity at their own pace after completing another assignment.
• Vocab cards can be printed on one set of colored paper, definition cards can be printed on a different color, and example cards on a different color of paper. For example, vocab on yellow paper, definitions could be on pink, and examples on blue paper. Students can then be instructed to pair each yellow card with a pink and blue card (or whatever colored paper has been used).
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Atoms & Elements Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Atoms & Elements Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website